Job Title: Office Coordinator
Position Status: Full Time, Permanent (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM)
Direct Report: Operations & Communications Manager
Salary Range: $38,000 to $42,000 (competitive salary, based on experience)
Location: 1869 Upper Water Street, Suite #403, Halifax, Nova Scotia (SNS office)
Benefits: Shared Health and Dental Insurance
Deadline to Apply: August 31, 2022
Purpose: Reporting to the Operations & Communications Manager, the Office Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and managing daily office administration to ensure the Screen Nova Scotia workplace runs smoothly and efficiently. In addition to office management, they will also support the Executive Director and managers, as required.
Context: Screen Nova Scotia is a film commission and membership-based industry association, dedicated to building a strong and sustainable future for the province’s production sector. Screen Nova Scotia is the first point of contact to find out more about locations, production partners, industry resources and infrastructure, and financial incentives. The organization is guided by a board of directors and an active membership that works in all areas of film, television, and animation (producers, service providers, local cast and crew, unions, and industry organizations). As we expand our team and our offerings, all employees will understand that flexible hours are sometimes necessary.
Who we are looking for: The successful candidate will be passionate about growing Nova Scotia’s screen industry and supporting the work of the organization. The ideal candidate is flexible, well organized with strong attention to detail, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse staff across a variety of roles.
– Manage the office phone line and general info email, directing inquiries to the corresponding staff member (or responding directly, when appropriate).
– Greet visitors in a professional manner and maintain the office reception area.
– Banking duties (making deposits, filing bills, creating/mailing cheques, etc.)
– Point person for all mailing, shipping, office inventory and supplies, equipment, and errands; manage day-to-day office duties for the organization.
– Create and send invoices in Quickbooks for sponsors, service providers, and partners; coordinate with appropriate staff members to ensure that all items are invoiced/paid on time.
– Manage IT infrastructure and tech equipment, including maintenance and repairs; maintain office online systems (G Suite, etc.)
– Liaise with building management regarding office maintenance/needs as required.
– Organize orientation and onboarding of new staff members.
– Schedule committee meetings and board meetings, manage RSVPs, create and send virtual meeting links and/or secure venues for in-person meetings (i.e. Annual General Meetings, etc.)
– File important documents, such as reports, meeting notes/minutes, and emails.
– Book travel (flights/accommodations) for the Executive Director (ED) and/or staff travelling to festivals and markets.
– Book meetings for the ED/staff during trade missions, markets, festivals, etc.
– Prepare and submit expense claims/financial reports for the ED/staff.
– Conduct research and create reports based on the needs of the ED/staff.
– Provide general administrative support to all staff members as required.
– The Office Coordinator is often the first point of contact for anyone reaching out to Screen Nova Scotia – professionalism is required at all times.
– This role will require someone to be organized, extremely detail-oriented and able to multitask, with the adaptability and flexibility to adjust priorities depending on required tasks.
– Ability to meet objectives/deadlines in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment where quick turnaround times are crucial and attention to detail is essential.
– Proficiency in G Suite, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Stripe, Zoom, and other office technology is an asset.
– Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
– Excellent written and spoken communication, ensuring consistency with Screen Nova Scotia’s overall value proposition, tone, and brand.
– Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures is an asset. Prior customer service or office admin experience is also an asset. Certifications in project management and industry-related areas are beneficial.
– Proven capacity to work collaboratively with others as part of a team, with independent problem-solving abilities.
To apply: Interested candidates can apply with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before 5:00 p.m. ADT on August 31, 2022. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Screen Nova Scotia is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that is representative of our membership and the industry we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities, and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly with all of the qualifications in the job description. Please self-identify on your application.