Job Title: Membership Services & Events Coordinator
Position Status: Full Time, Permanent (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM)
Direct Report: Operations & Communications Manager
Salary Range: $38,000 to $42,000 (competitive salary, based on experience
Location: 1869 Upper Water Street, Suite #403, Halifax, Nova Scotia (SNS office)
Benefits: Shared Health and Dental Insurance
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, July 13th, 2022
Purpose: Reporting directly to the Operations & Communications Manager, the Membership Services & Events Coordinator is responsible for providing membership services and support, as well as assisting with the operations and logistics for Screen Nova Scotia’s industry events.
Context: Screen Nova Scotia is a membership-based industry association and film commission, dedicated to building a strong and sustainable future for the province’s production sector. The organization is guided by a volunteer board of directors and an active membership that works in all areas of film, television, and animation. All employees assist with general office support as needed and understand that flexible hours are often necessary.
Who we are looking for: The successful candidate will be passionate about growing Nova Scotia’s screen industry and expanding Screen Nova Scotia’s membership. They will bring strong customer service, logistical, and technical skills to the organization.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the membership database, including the online Nova Scotia Production Guide.
- Responsible for managing the membership renewal process; tracking and reporting payments, and creating and sending invoices.
- Identifying, soliciting, and onboarding new members.
- Responsible for answering membership-related questions and general film-related inquiries.
- Support the Operations & Communications Manager with online communications (newsletters, marketing materials, social media, website updates & maintenance) and with graphic design projects (for both social media and events).
- Support the Operations & Communications Manager with the operations and logistics required to successfully deliver all SNS events. This includes assisting with the preparation of funding applications and final reports as needed.
- Assist with partnership solicitation/sponsorship fulfillment for all SNS events.
- Assist with daily administrative duties, as required.
- Provide support to relevant committees and working groups as required.
- Basic knowledge of the film and television industry in Nova Scotia is essential, as the Membership Services & Events Coordinator is often the first point of contact for those interested in getting involved with both Screen Nova Scotia and the wider screen industry as a whole. Professionalism is required at all times.
- Database knowledge — demonstrate the ability to work with various online systems (Google Drive, CRM systems, WordPress, etc.)
- Familiarity working with online payment systems, generating invoices, etc. (Stripe, Quickbooks, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken communication, ensuring consistency with overall value proposition, tone, and brand is essential.
- Graphic design and digital media knowledge is required (proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) Technical film knowledge is also an asset (video specs, file formats, video uploads and downloads, etc.)
- Event management and production experience are an asset in this role, which will be operations-heavy when SNS events are ramping up/executed.
- Ability to plan and work on several projects simultaneously and to meet objectives/deadlines in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment where quick turnaround times are crucial and attention to detail a must.
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively with others as part of a team, with independent problem-solving abilities.
To apply: Interested candidates can apply with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before 5:00 p.m. ADT on Wednesday, July 13th, 2022. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To download a .PDF version of this job post, please click HERE.