Screen Nova Scotia is now accepting applications from mid-to-senior level Nova Scotia television producers to join a Pan-Atlantic business development trip to London, England from November 27th to 30th, 2023 during Content London. Since its first event in 2014, Content London has quickly grown to establish itself as one of the most important TV drama events in the industry calendar. Content London features an unrivalled conference programme with over 200 speakers across more than 50 sessions. From commissioners, producers, financiers, technologists, agents, writers, and other key players in the value chain, Content London aims to deliver the most compelling line-up to ensure delegates stay on top of trends that shape the television industry and bring the international community together in one place at one time. To learn more about Content London, click HERE.
Seven television producers from across the Atlantic provinces will be selected to further enhance the promotion of co-production, joint-financing, distribution and development opportunities between television industry producers in the Atlantic Provinces and those internationally. The mission will enhance the group’s knowledge of working with producers on an international scale.
Newfoundland and Labrador Film Development Corporation (NLFDC) is the lead for this mission and will coordinate directly with the consultant throughout the entire contract. A delegate from Screen Nova Scotia will also be on the ground during the mission to help with logistical planning.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PRODUCERS
Industry Consultant: A consultant will be hired to provide matchmaking services and on the ground consulting services while at Content London. The consultant will work with selected producers in arranging and scheduling meetings with identified targets resulting from pre-market consultant work. Applicants will be notified of the consultant once they are selected, and will be contacted by the consultant shortly thereafter to begin initial discovery sessions via conference calls in advance of the mission.
The consultant will arrange 5-7 targeted meetings for producers based on their individual needs. Where appropriate, group sessions may also be arranged. Currently, meetings are planned to take place from November 27-30, 2023.
Flights, Accommodations, and Travel Assistance: Producers will be responsible for booking their own travel and accommodations for this trip. The delegation must be on the ground for meetings by the morning of November 27, 2023 (subject to change). Nova Scotia producers can apply for travel assistance (flights, accommodation, and ground transport) via the Creative Industries Fund from the Department of Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage. Please contact Jamie MacLellan, Manager, Creative Industries, for more information: (t) 902-222-3069 / (e) Jamie.MacLellan@novascotia.ca.
Cost: The cost for participating for Nova Scotia producers will be determined upon selection of participants. Screen Nova Scotia will cover 50% of this fee for chosen participants.
Content London Registration
It is mandatory to purchase registration for Content London. If selected for the mission you will need to secure a pass no later than September 30th, 2023. The NLFDC will help coordinate the purchase. The cost to register is (£764 + VAT).
APPLICATION INFO & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Application Process: To be considered for this mission, producers must submit all application materials by the deadline of 3 p.m. on August 30, 2023. Incomplete/late applications will not be considered.
NS participants will be selected based on specific criteria, and through a competitive application process. Members of an independent selection committee (comprised of experienced and respected members of the national screen industry) will review applications and select the participants. SNS will notify all applicants of the status of their application by email following the jury meeting.
Please forward your complete application package to Danya Knowles, Industry Services Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the email title “Content London 2023 Application”. There is no fee to apply.
Mandatory Support Documents: The following documents must be submitted electronically as individual .PDF files in order for your application to be considered by the jury.
- Personal resume including relevant production credits
- Company and personal biography
- A synopsis of your project (including format and a summary of the project’s status to date)
- Project screenplay treatment and/or series bible
- Statement of all relevant attachments including companies, co-producers, writers, director (one-page maximum)
Non-Mandatory Additional Package Elements (if available): Applicants are invited to include any of the following additional package elements.
- Completed screenplay
- Bios of any currently attached principal cast and/or key creative positions
- Marketing and distribution plan and any existing marketing materials
- Budget top sheets or proposed budget and finance scenario
- Statement of all additional attachments including pre-sales, development funding, confirmed cast (one-page maximum).
Producer Criteria: This is a producer mission for mid-to-senior-level television producers. Please see below for minimum eligibility criteria.
- Must have a minimum of two full producer credits on completed productions within the last five (5) years of the following nature:
- Television one-off production with a minimum broadcast length of 30 minutes
- Television series production
- Feature film that a) received financing from Telefilm Canada or NSFTPIF or b) had a budget of $1 million or greater
- Must have at least one project in development.
- Must have participated in at least one international market or festival event (can include provincially led business development trips/trade missions).
- Must be a Screen Nova Scotia Producer Member in good standing (for information on membership, click HERE).
Please note: Screen Nova Scotia strives to ensure that as many program placements as possible are filled by individuals who identify as diverse. If you are a member of an equity-seeking or sovereignty-seeking community who does not meet all of the eligibility criteria but can fulfill the application requirements, please self-identify in your application email. If you have any questions about this process, contact Melanie Solomon, Industry Services & Locations Manager: email@example.com / 902-229-1499.