Job title: Membership Services & Operations Coordinator
Position Status: Starting at part-time, permanent (24 hours/week)
Location: Halifax, NS
Deadline to apply: May 21, 2018
Purpose: Reporting directly to the Operations & Communications Manager, the Membership Services & Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing membership services and support, as well as assisting with operations and communications.
Context: Screen Nova Scotia is a member-based industry association and film commission that promotes and advocates on behalf of Nova Scotia’s screen industry. Our membership includes producers, prominent service providers, local cast and crew, unions, and industry organizations. Screen Nova Scotia is dedicated to building a strong and sustainable future for the province’s production sector.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the membership database, including the online membership directory.
- Responsible for managing membership renewal process; tracking and reporting payments to accounting.
- Identifying, soliciting, and onboarding new members; answering any membership inquiries.
- Work to increasing membership revenue according to the organization’s annual budget and membership plan.
- Support the Operations & Communications Manager with online communications (e-blasts, newsletters, social media, website updates & maintenance) and with graphic design projects, as needed.
- Coordinate operations/logistics/sponsorship during special events and projects (e.g. the Screen Nova Scotia Awards, Broadcaster & Distributor Forum, Golf Tournament).
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Provide support to the Executive Director, committees, and working groups as required.
- Knowledge of the film and television industry in Nova Scotia is essential.
- Database knowledge: demonstrate an ease and familiarity working within online systems (i.e. file upload and downloads, Google Drive, CRM systems, MailChimp, YouTube/Vimeo, Paypal, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills — both email, phone, and in-person.
- Event management and production experience is an asset.
- Graphic design and digital media knowledge (proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- As the first point of contact for our membership, the Membership Services & Operations Coordinator should be fast, friendly and efficient, with an easy manner and a supportive attitude. Professionalism is required at all times.
- Ability to plan and work on several projects simultaneously and to meet objectives/deadlines in a fast-paced, high stakes environment where quick turnaround times are crucial and attention to detail a must.
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively with others as part of a team, with independent problem solving abilities.
Apply: Interested candidates can apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 21, 2018. Please note: only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.