Screen Nova Scotia represents over 2,000 people working in film, television and animation across the province. Our membership includes producers, service providers, local cast and crew, unions and guilds, and industry organizations.
|Vote at the Annual General Meeting and any meetings of members, ensuring your voice is heard on important industry issues.|
|Advocacy services: Screen Nova Scotia is here to protect and build upon the success of the Nova Scotia film, television and digital media industry.|
|Profile: You’ll be included in our searchable online Membership Directory and/or Preferred Suppliers List.|
|Connect to the Nova Scotia screen industry by attending networking events and receiving industry intelligence and updates (such as the monthly membership e-newsletter).|
|Member services: You’ll have access to high-level industry information sessions and training/professional development programs (such as the Screenwriter Internship Program).|
|Promotion: We’ll help you build your profile and promote your projects through our website, e-blasts and social media networks.|
|Eligibility to participate in/submit projects for annual events (such as the Screen Nova Scotia Awards, Broadcaster & Distributor Forum, and producer trade missions to festivals/markets).|
There are four classes of membership: Producer Members, Corporate Members, Individual Professional Members, and Student Members. All members are expected to be actively involved in or supporting the Nova Scotia film, television and/or animation industry.
Producer Members must have produced one of the following:
- A full- length feature film (as producer or service producer);
- An independent short film (other than a student, workshop or in-house project) of five minutes or longer;
- A broadcast television program of 30 minutes (including commercial breaks) or longer;
- A digital media production / original work of entertainment content deployed on an nationally recognized online platform;
- At least five minutes of professional audiovisual commercials.
For more information on membership criteria and fees, please click on the JOIN NOW button below.